The Business Development/Marketing Assistant is a major part of the sales and marketing team. This team member will help with service questions, suggesting information about other products and services. Process orders, prepare correspondences, help support Regional Business Managers. marketing, and fulfill customer inquiries to ensure customer satisfaction.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Support sales and marketing through courteous professional service, education, and effective problem solving, meeting needs of our customer in a timely manner.
- Open and maintain customer accounts by recording account information.
- Maintain financial accounts by processing customer adjustments.
- Prepare product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Pass on sales leads to the appropriate Regional Business Manager.
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication.
- Responds to customer inquiries to determine appropriate product literature and pricing schedules; influences production and shipping schedules; recognizes new business opportunities.
- Provide accurate, valid, and complete information by using the right methods/tools.
- Meet personal/team sales targets and call handling quotas.
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits, and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts, and file documents.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines, and policies.
- Go the extra mile to engage customers.
- Resolve customer complaints via phone, email, mail, or social media.
- Answers the telephone, providing information and assistance to callers. Forwards calls and takes messages as appropriate.
- Performs administrative/office duties as required, including attending, and conducting meetings, preparing reports and correspondence, reviewing mail, etc.
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders and upper management, providing information and insights that are valuable to business decision-making.
- Greet customers warmly and ascertain problem or reason for calling.
- Advise on company information.
- Utilize computer technology to handle high call volumes.
- Work with the Director of Business Development to ensure proper customer service is being delivered.
- Organize workflow to meet customer deadlines, managing calls and emails professionally, efficiently and with good communication skills.
- Maintain, file, and update documents.
Qualifications and Required/Preferred Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred.
- 1-3 years of previous proven administrative, marketing, or customer service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, CRM, ERP systems, and Outlook required.
- Ability to use computers for data entry, word processing, spreadsheets, and custom applications.
- Track record of over-achieving quota.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff, vendors, contractors, and the general public.
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong level of accuracy and the ability to multi-task.
- Basic knowledge of production/product development in a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and adhere to strict deadlines.
- High level of integrity; ability to handle confidential information.
Nothing in this job description is intended to be construed as a contract of employment